One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for Teflon
- ‘Gleason wanted to coat the devices with a polymer called polytetrafluoroethylene - better known as Teflon, a registered trademark of DuPont.’
- ‘Teflon and related nonstick materials are made from an ultraslippery compound, polytetrafluoroethylene.’
- ‘A manufacturer of laminating presses and molding systems for the plastic and rubber industries has recently introduced a press for laminating polytetrafluoroethylene.’
- ‘A noncontact fiber has a quartz center covered with polytetrafluoroethylene and silicone and does not come into contact with blood vessels and tissue.’
- ‘In addition, materials can be codeposited into the electroless nickel matrix to improve the hardness, for example nanodiamonds or polytetrafluoroethylene, to decrease the coefficient of friction.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.