One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for Teflon
- ‘In addition, materials can be codeposited into the electroless nickel matrix to improve the hardness, for example nanodiamonds or polytetrafluoroethylene, to decrease the coefficient of friction.’
- ‘A manufacturer of laminating presses and molding systems for the plastic and rubber industries has recently introduced a press for laminating polytetrafluoroethylene.’
- ‘Teflon and related nonstick materials are made from an ultraslippery compound, polytetrafluoroethylene.’
- ‘A noncontact fiber has a quartz center covered with polytetrafluoroethylene and silicone and does not come into contact with blood vessels and tissue.’
- ‘Gleason wanted to coat the devices with a polymer called polytetrafluoroethylene - better known as Teflon, a registered trademark of DuPont.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.