One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for polysome
- ‘The cytoplasm also contained some mitochondria, granular endoplasmic reticulum, single ribosomes and polyribosomes, and Golgi complexes.’
- ‘The cytoplasm contained many mitochondria, prominent Golgi apparatus, numerous polyribosomes, moderate endoplasmic reticulum, a few lipid droplets, and, focally, intermediate filaments.’
- ‘Clumps of polyribosomes were seen in the cytoplasm.’
- ‘The growing RNA chain still attached to the polymerase is a target for translating ribosomes or polyribosomes which are engaged in the synthesis of proteins.’
- ‘Electron microscopy revealed cells with prominent nucleoli and abundant cytoplasmic polyribosomes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.