One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The song is moody and weighed down but not indolent: Propelled by a polyrhythmic drumbeat, it reveals emo-core and math-rock leanings.’
- ‘Vocal Studies & Uprock Narratives eschews deep bass and braggadocio, working organic beats and polyrhythmic blasts with electronic effects.’
- ‘Underneath all these echoing voices (including his own mumbles), he stretches pulsing bass, percolating congas, and an ocean of polyrhythmic waves into a weird dance song constantly in-flux.’
- ‘Morrison went into the studio with Chris Walla and Don Zientara behind the boards; John Vanderslice guests, and Death Cab for Cutie's Jason McGerr attempts to recreate Joe Easley's polyrhythmic drumming.’
- ‘It's high energy stuff, but it changes shape throughout with bewildering ease and fluidity, from freebop polyrhythmic pummelling to spidery ballad forms to spacey textural exploration.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.