One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Morrison went into the studio with Chris Walla and Don Zientara behind the boards; John Vanderslice guests, and Death Cab for Cutie's Jason McGerr attempts to recreate Joe Easley's polyrhythmic drumming.’
- ‘Underneath all these echoing voices (including his own mumbles), he stretches pulsing bass, percolating congas, and an ocean of polyrhythmic waves into a weird dance song constantly in-flux.’
- ‘It's high energy stuff, but it changes shape throughout with bewildering ease and fluidity, from freebop polyrhythmic pummelling to spidery ballad forms to spacey textural exploration.’
- ‘Vocal Studies & Uprock Narratives eschews deep bass and braggadocio, working organic beats and polyrhythmic blasts with electronic effects.’
- ‘The song is moody and weighed down but not indolent: Propelled by a polyrhythmic drumbeat, it reveals emo-core and math-rock leanings.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.