One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This comprises synthesis of different flavonoids and other polyphenolic compounds like tannins and lignins.’
- ‘The flavonoids are polyphenolic compounds with antioxidant properties and are widely distributed in foods of plant origin such as vegetables, fruits, tea and wine.’
- ‘Recent studies indicate that the dried leaves of the Camellia sinensis plant, from which green tea is derived, contain several polyphenolic compounds called catechins, which are also found in grape skins and seeds.’
- ‘In test tube assays using fat cells, the polyphenolic polymers were found to increase sugar metabolism a whopping 20-fold.’
- ‘There were considerable difficulties in resolving enzymes in T. loscosii, due to interference during the extraction from polyphenolic substances and volatile oils.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.