One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A compound containing more than one phenolic hydroxyl group.
- ‘The green tea extract in HydroxyTea contains chemical elements called polyphenols, like the catechin epigallocatechin gallate (called EGCG for short).’
- ‘Earlier work by the group suggests that at least some of the newfound fibrinogen effects trace to polyphenols - pigmented antioxidant compounds in beer, tea, wine, and fruit juices.’
- ‘According to several scientists, chocolate contains polyphenols - chemical compounds renowned for their heart-helping properties.’
- ‘It is possible that other soluble phenolics, possibly polyphenols, can be localized in the cytoplasm and in the nuclei and/or apoplast.’
- ‘Green tea is a good source of catechin polyphenols, compounds that may increase the total amount of calories burned in any given day.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.