One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A compound containing more than one phenolic hydroxyl group.
- ‘According to several scientists, chocolate contains polyphenols - chemical compounds renowned for their heart-helping properties.’
- ‘Green tea is a good source of catechin polyphenols, compounds that may increase the total amount of calories burned in any given day.’
- ‘The green tea extract in HydroxyTea contains chemical elements called polyphenols, like the catechin epigallocatechin gallate (called EGCG for short).’
- ‘It is possible that other soluble phenolics, possibly polyphenols, can be localized in the cytoplasm and in the nuclei and/or apoplast.’
- ‘Earlier work by the group suggests that at least some of the newfound fibrinogen effects trace to polyphenols - pigmented antioxidant compounds in beer, tea, wine, and fruit juices.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.