One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A general degeneration of peripheral nerves that spreads towards the centre of the body.
- ‘A variant of sensorimotor polyneuropathy is painful diabetic neuropathy.’
- ‘Furthermore, among older persons the development of pain is more likely to be related to the gradual progression of pain-related conditions such as arthritis or diabetic polyneuropathy.’
- ‘Patients may present with only one type of diabetic neuropathy or may develop combinations of neuropathies (e.g., distal symmetric polyneuropathy and autonomic neuropathy).’
- ‘They showed a patchy demyelinating polyneuropathy, with all nerves involved.’
- ‘Anemia, peripheral polyneuropathy, and nephropathy were all manifestations of lead toxicity.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.