Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] A general degeneration of peripheral nerves that spreads towards the centre of the body.
- ‘A variant of sensorimotor polyneuropathy is painful diabetic neuropathy.’
- ‘Anemia, peripheral polyneuropathy, and nephropathy were all manifestations of lead toxicity.’
- ‘Patients may present with only one type of diabetic neuropathy or may develop combinations of neuropathies (e.g., distal symmetric polyneuropathy and autonomic neuropathy).’
- ‘Furthermore, among older persons the development of pain is more likely to be related to the gradual progression of pain-related conditions such as arthritis or diabetic polyneuropathy.’
- ‘They showed a patchy demyelinating polyneuropathy, with all nerves involved.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.