One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A condition marked by inflammation and degeneration of skeletal muscle throughout the body.
- ‘The authors explained that it wasn't myasthenia gravis, or Lou Gehrig's disease, or polymyositis (muscle inflammation), and not carnitine deficiency (an amino acid needed for muscle contraction).’
- ‘The differential diagnosis of polymyalgia rheumatica includes malignancy, acute and chronic infections, thyroid disorders, depression, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and polymyositis.’
- ‘The three main disorders in this group are dermatomyositis, polymyositis, and inclusion body myositis.’
- ‘Other diseases related to RA that may cause pulmonary fibrosis are systemic lupus erythematosus, polymyositis and dermatomyositis, Sjogren's syndrome, scleroderma and others.’
- ‘This characteristic is in contrast to many of the other inflammatory myopathic conditions, most notably polymyositis and dermatomyositis, which are typically responsive to steroids.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.