One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A generalized sexual desire that can be excited and gratified in many ways, normal in young children but unusual in adults.‘the impulses of an infantile polymorphously perverse character’
- ‘Overall, however, the sexual activity in Christmas on Earth seems to fall not into the categories of gay or straight but into a kind of polymorphous perversity.’
- ‘In this compelling account, Howard suggests that Freund's inability to accept his own polymorphous perversity, his failure to recognize his place in a ‘community of sexuality,’ precipitates his passive suicide.’
- ‘His vision of childhood is a kind of - a bit like Freud, a state of polymorphous perversity - a state of welcoming experience as both innocent and strangely perverse, because it doesn't obey adult rules.’
- ‘The man smiles back, resigned to his place in this brave new world of polymorphous perversity, where girls prefer girls and men are good for getting the drinks in.’
- ‘‘Boyhood,’ she writes (poetically if not entirely convincingly), ‘is a playground and the game is polymorphous perversity.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.