One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A generalized sexual desire that can be excited and gratified in many ways, normal in young children but unusual in adults.‘the impulses of an infantile polymorphously perverse character’
- ‘His vision of childhood is a kind of - a bit like Freud, a state of polymorphous perversity - a state of welcoming experience as both innocent and strangely perverse, because it doesn't obey adult rules.’
- ‘In this compelling account, Howard suggests that Freund's inability to accept his own polymorphous perversity, his failure to recognize his place in a ‘community of sexuality,’ precipitates his passive suicide.’
- ‘Overall, however, the sexual activity in Christmas on Earth seems to fall not into the categories of gay or straight but into a kind of polymorphous perversity.’
- ‘‘Boyhood,’ she writes (poetically if not entirely convincingly), ‘is a playground and the game is polymorphous perversity.’’
- ‘The man smiles back, resigned to his place in this brave new world of polymorphous perversity, where girls prefer girls and men are good for getting the drinks in.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.