[mass noun] A glassy synthetic resin obtained by polymerizing methyl methacrylate.
- ‘The proximal femur and distal tibia were potted in cylindrical molds of polymethyl methacrylate for gripping in the test fixtures.’
- ‘These materials include fused silica, calcium fluoride, high index glasses, polymethyl methacrylate and amorphous polyolefin polymers, sapphire, silicon, zinc selenide, germanium, and amorphous IR glass.’
- ‘The process uses a polymer formed through a chemical bonding of polystyrene and polymethyl methacrylate.’
- ‘Over the past decade, the center reported, several complications have been reported in medical literature and to FDA following the use of polymethyl methacrylate bone cements to treat spinal compression fractures.’
- ‘Today, the most commonly used bone cement is an acrylic polymer polymethyl methacrylate.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.