One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Combine or cause to combine to form a polymer.no object ‘this was baked until the sulphur began to polymerize’with object ‘exposure to ultraviolet light polymerizes the biomaterials’‘a polymerized form of water’
- ‘These unsaturated hydrocarbons are readily oxidised and polymerised, which can reduce the oil's shelf life.’
- ‘They are then treated with a reacting compound that causes the molecules to polymerize and change the color of hair.’
- ‘The principal reason for this is the unsaturated nature of the alkene that allows the double bond to polymerize and to participate in many other reactions that the saturated alkanes cannot.’
- ‘Glucose loses two water molecules and rearranges to form hydroxymethyl furfural, which polymerizes into brown pigments that add flavor and color to the candy.’
- ‘Bacterial fermentation of carbohydrates produces lactic acid, and this in turn can be chemically polymerised to a high molecular weight PLA polyester.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.