One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The oil droplets contain a molecular metal oxide precursor, which polymerises on contact with water forming a polymeric metal oxide coating at the oil-water interface.’
- ‘Quill has already identified several ionic liquids in which a wide range of inorganic, organic and polymeric materials are highly soluble, making them prime candidates for small reactor volumes.’
- ‘Polyphosphates are a group of phosphates that are created from polymeric chemical compounds.’
- ‘So, it seems, the Earth's primordial soup was primed with the monomers for making the polymeric components of primitive life.’
- ‘Latex emulsions are made up of polymeric materials suspended in an aqueous solvent by a surfactant.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.