A method of making multiple copies of a DNA sequence, involving repeated reactions with a polymerase.
- ‘The new technologies virtually negate the need for examinations, and urine testing by polymerase chain reaction or ligase chain reaction is as effective as conventional testing.’
- ‘The y gene region was subsequently amplified by the polymerase chain reaction.’
- ‘Our editorial did not state that we perform or advocate reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction in blood.’
- ‘The major advance in ancient DNA analysis was the development of the polymerase chain reaction.’
- ‘Sequences were amplified via the polymerase chain reaction.’