One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A method of making multiple copies of a DNA sequence, involving repeated reactions with a polymerase.
- ‘The y gene region was subsequently amplified by the polymerase chain reaction.’
- ‘Our editorial did not state that we perform or advocate reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction in blood.’
- ‘Sequences were amplified via the polymerase chain reaction.’
- ‘The major advance in ancient DNA analysis was the development of the polymerase chain reaction.’
- ‘The new technologies virtually negate the need for examinations, and urine testing by polymerase chain reaction or ligase chain reaction is as effective as conventional testing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.