One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An enzyme which brings about the formation of a particular polymer, especially DNA or RNA.‘DNA polymerase’
- ‘Promoter sequences promote the ability of RNA polymerases to recognize the nucleotide at which initiation begins.’
- ‘In contrast to the phage polymerases, RNA polymerases from higher organisms have a much more complex subunit structure than the bacterial enzymes.’
- ‘The presence of the histones and CpG methylation most affect accessibility of the chromatin to RNA polymerases and transcription factors.’
- ‘These complexes regulate the interaction of RNA polymerases and DNA elements within promoters.’
- ‘Replicative DNA polymerases are very accurate enzymes with error rates usually in the range of 10-5 per replicated nucleotide.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.