Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An enzyme which brings about the formation of a particular polymer, especially DNA or RNA.‘DNA polymerase’
- ‘The presence of the histones and CpG methylation most affect accessibility of the chromatin to RNA polymerases and transcription factors.’
- ‘In contrast to the phage polymerases, RNA polymerases from higher organisms have a much more complex subunit structure than the bacterial enzymes.’
- ‘Promoter sequences promote the ability of RNA polymerases to recognize the nucleotide at which initiation begins.’
- ‘These complexes regulate the interaction of RNA polymerases and DNA elements within promoters.’
- ‘Replicative DNA polymerases are very accurate enzymes with error rates usually in the range of 10-5 per replicated nucleotide.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.