One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘That is the daunting task for undaunted talk radio hosts, Web pundits, and bar drunks, and a major reason why such polymathic opinion dispensers rarely provide much more than a light snack for those seeking the nourishment of truth.’
- ‘I was discussing the problem with two polymathic friends of mine, reproductive biologist Jack Cohen and mathematician Ian Stewart, co-authors of Figments of Reality, Evolving the Alien and The Science of Discworld.’
- ‘Ben would engage in diverse acts of self-expression - art-works, music, craft-works, scientific theorisations - by which a polymathic apprehension of the world would be concentrated into new forms of representation.’
- ‘Margie Thomson has chronicled his journey from musical whiz kid to polymathic author.’
- ‘In it he exhibits a polymathic fluency in nearly every language of social theory from the late 18th century to the present.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.