One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Placental-site trophoblastic tumor is composed predominantly of polyhedral and vacuolated, multinucleated intermediate trophoblastic cells that infiltrate the myometrium with extensive deposition of fibrinoid material.’
- ‘The particles may have any shape or size, but they are generally spherical, ellipsoidal, polyhedral, or irregular in shape.’
- ‘The route started by Euler with his polyhedral formula was followed by a little known mathematician Antoine-Jean Lhuilier who worked for most of his life on problems relating to Euler's formula.’
- ‘Microscopically, the lesion consisted of stellate to polyhedral cells distributed singly and arranged in single or multiple layers around small vascular channels and deposited in an abundant myxoid matrix.’
- ‘And the sphere that houses the new Hayden Planetarium is both beautiful and astrophysically relevant - something that cannot be said of pyramids, cubes, or other polyhedral forms.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.