One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of plaster used to make minor building repairs, such as filling small holes.
- ‘Her winning portrait was painted in acrylic on board but she used Polyfilla to heighten the features and give the painting greater depth.’
- ‘It became a regular game of ours, chasing mice, with a dollop of Polyfilla to block the holes they were coming out.’
- ‘However, I have to admit it had turned out to be quite useful - mainly for applying Polyfilla to cracked walls.’
- ‘That suggests that pamper parlours are growing at a considerably faster pace than, say, the DIY market - not that there are any similarities between injecting Polyfilla into cracked gables and inoculating glabellar lines with Botox.’
- ‘Think of the finest, purest Polyfilla and you've got the idea of what this magical little cream does.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.