Belonging to, comprising, or containing many ethnic groups.
- ‘McNeill, like Watson, postulates a turn away from the extreme of the nation state towards more polyethnic political constructions reminiscent of classical empires.’
- ‘In the long term, a more broadly representative system would probably be better for a polyethnic country like Afghanistan.’
- ‘For Baumann, polyethnic ceremonies are significant moments over which there are competing interpretative claims.’
- ‘The artists in ‘Black Belt’ explore this time and its merging of traditions and the resulting evolution of a polyethnic and transcultural American identity.’
- ‘The intergenerational reproduction of minority ethnic identities has produced a national culture that is multicultural, polyethnic, and cosmopolitan.’