Characterized by multiple cysts:‘polycystic ovary syndrome’
- ‘In general, tubulointerstitial diseases progress more slowly than do glomerular diseases, diabetic and hypertensive nephropathy, and polycystic kidney disease.’
- ‘We have reported two cases of bladder carcinoma manifesting as macroscopic haematuria in adult polycystic kidney disease.’
- ‘At least a third of women with multiple miscarriages appear to have polycystic ovary syndrome, which is characterized by hormonal abnormalities and multiple cysts on the ovaries.’
- ‘Other long-term effects of polycystic ovary syndrome are related to the clinical consequences of persistent anovulation.’
- ‘We know that that's a much rarer cause of irregular periods, a much less common disease than polycystic ovary syndrome.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.