One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Fabric made from a mixture of cotton and polyester fibre.as modifier ‘polycotton shirts’
- ‘Tests were carried out by the Home Office's Police Scientific Development Branch on Strathclyde's vests, which used the original white polycotton cover designed to be worn under uniform shirts,.’
- ‘Hell, depending on my precise shade of Christianity, I could refuse to extend my medical skills to people who've been divorced, or who eat shellfish, or who wear polycotton clothing.’
- ‘A retro-fit horn section like something from Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass heralds the arrival of romantic keyboard interludes that convey the easygoing sensibility of a polycotton blend.’
- ‘This iron is excellent at removing creases smoothly from cotton and polycotton, but it's disappointing on silk.’
- ‘Woodrow-Universal Ltd is a specialist cotton and polycotton weaving firm which makes shirts, coat linings and raincoats for major fashion labels, including Burberry.’
- ‘Bengal cottons, polycotton, Mangalagiri, Orissa, Manipuri and other ethnic varieties move the most this season.’
- ‘I was woken by the smell of my polycotton wool blend pants burning on the heater, and the feeling of being dehydrated.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.