Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Consisting of or derived from many clones.‘polyclonal antibodies’
- ‘One should note whether the antibody is polyclonal or monoclonal and also the species and isotype of the primary antibody.’
- ‘Most of these analytes are measured by immunoassays using monoclonal or polyclonal antibodies.’
- ‘We applied the model to several different T-cell clones and to a polyclonal cell line representative of a subpopulation present in blood.’
- ‘Whether polyclonal proliferations progress to monoclonal lymphomas has not been proven.’
- ‘In addition, it is possible to use an animal polyclonal antiserum for capture and a human IgE antibody containing serum for detection.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.