One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A clinic (typically one independent of a hospital) where both general and specialist examinations and treatments are available to outpatients.
medical centre, health centre, outpatients' department, surgery, doctor'sView synonyms
- ‘The court also hints at a broader interpretation of non-hospital care that would include all care provided in doctors' surgeries and polyclinics (clinics providing out-patient services).’
- ‘In India, this could range from private practitioners, to hospitals, nursing homes, polyclinics, alternative medical practitioners, quacks and pharmacists.’
- ‘All the hospitals and polyclinics, rural health units (including village health centres), and health posts from the previous system continue to function.’
- ‘Bulgaria has an extensive health-care system based around community polyclinics, with a network of general and specialized hospitals.’
- ‘In the UK echocardiography is usually carried out in hospital but elsewhere it is often performed in ambulatory polyclinics or by office based cardiologists.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.