One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A marine annelid worm of the class Polychaeta; a bristle worm.
- ‘The focal stage for this analysis is the early period of embryo encapsulation, a mode of development that has evolved several times among gastropods, polychaetes, nemerteans and flatworms.’
- ‘Subsequently work on a brittle star showed expression of the gene in the tube feet, and many found it difficult to equate the tube feet of echinoderms with the parapodia of polychaetes or the arthropod limb.’
- ‘There are more than 50 fish species whose lives are linked to Sargassum, and a myriad of invertebrates, including gastropods, polychaetes, bryozoans, anemones, and sea-spiders.’
- ‘Such a scenario would be consistent with the fact that Recent crinoids serve as substrate for a large variety of organisms, including annelids, arthropods, gastropods, fish, ophiuroids, and polychaetes.’
- ‘Sponges are preyed upon by gastropods, polychaetes, asteroids, echinoids, turtles, and fishes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.