One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A bag made of polythene film.
- ‘In areas like Tippasandra and HAL III Stage, polybags, gutkha sachets and other plastic waste clog drains and the Corporation hasn't taken action.’
- ‘The plastic bottles discarded in the resort number 19,000, milk covers 5,500, polybags 7,151 and disposable cups 1,637.’
- ‘The winning project by Bangalore students focused on the hazardous effects that polybags have on the environment and methods to reduce their use.’
- ‘But each month I get a thrill just opening the polybag and a reminder of what magazines can do.’
- ‘A circular disk of Graftskin, about 7.5 cm in diameter and 0.075 cm thick, is provided in a petri dish containing nutrient agarose and sealed in a heavy-gauge polybag gassed with 10% carbon dioxide.’
- ‘And the schools which do not use polybags are designated ‘polybag-free schools’.’
- ‘A tomato seedling with three or four expanded leaves and washed roots was fixed inside each polybag containing conditioned Orobanche seeds.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.