One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The practice of engaging in multiple sexual relationships with the consent of all the people involved.
- ‘It is very likely that the next person one is attracted to has no concept of polyamory, and expects to enter into an exclusive relationship, not an open one.’
- ‘Just as with sexual orientation, polyamory is a way of life that you cannot easily deny if it is meant for you.’
- ‘In my experience it is men, more often than women, that are unfamiliar with true polyamory, where communication and consent are a given.’
- ‘People who practice polyamory are entitled to the same respect as those who are monogamists.’
- ‘Swinging, bisexuality, homosexuality, polyamory, etc, are all ‘alternative lifestyles’.’
1990s: from poly- ‘many’ + Latin amor ‘love’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.