Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A synthetic resin made by polymerizing acrylamide, especially a water-soluble polymer used to form or stabilize gels and as a thickening or clarifying agent.‘linear polyacrylamide is a very efficient neutral carrier’as modifier ‘polyacrylamide gels’
- ‘The purified protein migrated with an apparent molecular weight of 42 kDa on sodium dodecyl sulfate polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis.’
- ‘The first was protein analysis using sodium dodecyl sulphate polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis.’
- ‘We have previously synthesized water-soluble polyacrylamide copolymers with MG side chains.’
- ‘The proteins in the immunoprecipitates were size fractionated by SDS polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis.’
- ‘Results were assayed on a 6% polyacrylamide gel stained with ethidium bromide after electrophoresis.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.