Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] A synthetic resin made by polymerizing acrylamide, especially a water-soluble polymer used to form or stabilize gels and as a thickening or clarifying agent.‘linear polyacrylamide is a very efficient neutral carrier’[as modifier] ‘polyacrylamide gels’
- ‘Results were assayed on a 6% polyacrylamide gel stained with ethidium bromide after electrophoresis.’
- ‘The first was protein analysis using sodium dodecyl sulphate polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis.’
- ‘We have previously synthesized water-soluble polyacrylamide copolymers with MG side chains.’
- ‘The proteins in the immunoprecipitates were size fractionated by SDS polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis.’
- ‘The purified protein migrated with an apparent molecular weight of 42 kDa on sodium dodecyl sulfate polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.