One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A casual short-sleeved cotton shirt with a collar and several buttons at the neck.
- ‘Wear with a polo shirt or a plain shirt and a low-key tie.’
- ‘Mitch turned up the collar of his black polo shirt, giving her a lopsided smile.’
- ‘The man is described as 25, white, wearing a white polo shirt with short sleeves and navy shorts down to his knees.’
- ‘The older man, dressed in an old polo shirt over an undershirt, glanced blearily at his son.’
- ‘Girls will wear black shoes, with grey tights and skirt, with an option for grey trousers in the winter, a white polo shirt and a blue cardigan.’
- ‘He wears a woollen polo shirt and neatly pressed suit trousers hiked up to his stomach.’
- ‘He has a Liverpool accent and was last seen wearing a polo shirt, blue trousers, white trainers and a gold neck chain.’
- ‘A skinny boy was sitting alone in the corner, wearing a red baseball cap and a polo shirt, and eating a cheeseburger.’
- ‘She lowered her eyes, letting them stay focused on the collar of his red polo shirt.’
- ‘An open-collar white shirt or polo shirt with blue jeans can take the casual look to the work place.’
- ‘He had long, brown, spiky hair, a spotty complexion and stubble and wore a white polo shirt and baggy blue jeans with white patches on them.’
- ‘McDowell is wearing a grey crew neck jumper and a white polo shirt.’
- ‘I took a quick shower on Monday morning and put on a black polo shirt with my jeans, and dark sunglasses to cover my eyes.’
- ‘He was wearing a lavender polo shirt with a popped collar and black pants barely held up by a belt.’
- ‘They will also be equipped with a polo shirt and boater hat uniform.’
- ‘He was wearing a navy blue button neck polo shirt, worn blue jeans with a tear on the right leg and trainers.’
- ‘Alex noticed he was wearing a white apron over a white polo shirt and blue jeans.’
- ‘How could anyone be so gorgeous in such a simple outfit of a blue polo shirt and jeans?’
- ‘I had on a white polo shirt, khaki trousers, and a green visor I bought at a golf tournament.’
- ‘He finally emerged with his jersey in hand and changed into jeans and a polo shirt.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.