One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A casual short-sleeved cotton shirt with a collar and several buttons at the neck.
- ‘He was wearing a navy blue button neck polo shirt, worn blue jeans with a tear on the right leg and trainers.’
- ‘She lowered her eyes, letting them stay focused on the collar of his red polo shirt.’
- ‘Alex noticed he was wearing a white apron over a white polo shirt and blue jeans.’
- ‘A skinny boy was sitting alone in the corner, wearing a red baseball cap and a polo shirt, and eating a cheeseburger.’
- ‘How could anyone be so gorgeous in such a simple outfit of a blue polo shirt and jeans?’
- ‘He had long, brown, spiky hair, a spotty complexion and stubble and wore a white polo shirt and baggy blue jeans with white patches on them.’
- ‘The man is described as 25, white, wearing a white polo shirt with short sleeves and navy shorts down to his knees.’
- ‘He finally emerged with his jersey in hand and changed into jeans and a polo shirt.’
- ‘He has a Liverpool accent and was last seen wearing a polo shirt, blue trousers, white trainers and a gold neck chain.’
- ‘Girls will wear black shoes, with grey tights and skirt, with an option for grey trousers in the winter, a white polo shirt and a blue cardigan.’
- ‘McDowell is wearing a grey crew neck jumper and a white polo shirt.’
- ‘He wears a woollen polo shirt and neatly pressed suit trousers hiked up to his stomach.’
- ‘They will also be equipped with a polo shirt and boater hat uniform.’
- ‘Mitch turned up the collar of his black polo shirt, giving her a lopsided smile.’
- ‘He was wearing a lavender polo shirt with a popped collar and black pants barely held up by a belt.’
- ‘I took a quick shower on Monday morning and put on a black polo shirt with my jeans, and dark sunglasses to cover my eyes.’
- ‘I had on a white polo shirt, khaki trousers, and a green visor I bought at a golf tournament.’
- ‘Wear with a polo shirt or a plain shirt and a low-key tie.’
- ‘The older man, dressed in an old polo shirt over an undershirt, glanced blearily at his son.’
- ‘An open-collar white shirt or polo shirt with blue jeans can take the casual look to the work place.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.