One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who conducts or analyses opinion polls.
- ‘Certainly there is broad public support for educational reform, or so the pollsters tell us.’
- ‘Then the pollsters started conducting scientific polls of the general population.’
- ‘The conflict in views between opinion pollsters over what is going on in the election has reached its most acute over recent polls.’
- ‘The Pakistani commentators and the pollsters are predicting that my party is going to win tomorrow.’
- ‘They usually reveal more about the pollsters ' prejudices than the public's opinions.’
- ‘That was perhaps, the most accurate reading of the public pulse that I've seen by pollsters.’
- ‘The findings of these studies puzzled media researchers and opinion pollsters at the time.’
- ‘Nobody will tell an opinion pollster they want less money, still less vote for it.’
- ‘The results startled even the pollsters who conducted and analyzed the surveys.’
- ‘There are many reasons why most journalists, analysts, TV pundits and even the pollsters got it so wrong.’
- ‘Millions tell pollsters they would vote Lib Dem if the voting system let them.’
- ‘Political scientists and candidate pollsters track opinion on candidates and issues.’
- ‘No one should be fooled by the illusory claims of the opinion pollsters.’
- ‘Pollsters say that getting a phone call from a pollster is not nearly as unique as it once was.’
- ‘I think it's hard for pollsters, in all fairness to them, to measure what's going on out there.’
- ‘Think about it, you are sitting at home and pollsters are actually calling and acting interested in you.’
- ‘Re-evaluate your budget priorities if over half of your polling is to be conducted by a pollster that is not hired by the campaign.’
- ‘No one but the pollsters themselves and political fanatics will care which pollster got it right or wrong.’
- ‘Comparisons between polls done by competing pollsters are absolutely meaningless.’
- ‘While most pollsters say they would contact clients whose analyses didn't tally with the numbers, few ever do.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.