One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Chicken (as used in the names of Italian, Spanish, or Mexican dishes)‘pollo andaluza, a sweet dish consisting of boneless chicken sautéed in white wine and butter’
- ‘Another house dish is pollo encebollado, a chicken leg topped with a tangy tomato sauce chock-full of translucent onion slices.’
- ‘Oodles of olives, tortillas, pescado, pollo and chorizo are required eating in Spain, but no longer constitute novel dining thanks to a growing number of decent tapas bars in Ireland.’
- ‘Main courses are a wonderful blend of cuisine from around India and the world and range from lasagne, pollo pepperonta, Avadhi mutton biryani, gosht di piazza, and achari gosht for non-vegetarians.’
- ‘Tuition by local experts concentrates on the cuisine of Lazio, including dishes such as pollo arrosto (roasted chicken with garlic and rosemary), zucchini al forno (oven-baked courgettes) and ciambellone (lemon sponge).’
- ‘My wife was thrilled to see they did pollo sorpreso, a near-extinct Italian version of chicken Kiev, which was precisely the sort of thing she used to order when her parents took her to places like this.’
Spanish and Italian.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.