One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The transfer of pollen to a stigma, ovule, flower, or plant to allow fertilization.‘the flowers depend on bees for pollination’‘crop pollination is essential to fruit production’
- ‘Honeybees have numerous adaptations helpful to them for effective pollination.’
- ‘Strawberries vary in their need for bee pollination.’
- ‘Yield loss near pollination can occur for several reasons.’
- ‘Unusually high temperatures during pollination likely led to some of the problems.’
- ‘Placement of honeybee colonies is important in order to ensure adequate pollination.’
- ‘With the corn crop advancing toward pollination, water requirements have increased dramatically.’
- ‘Such arguments make dollar values of pollination difficult to determine.’
- ‘Usually an average of at least 10 beetles per ear are required to seriously affect pollination.’
- ‘The extent of pollination dictates the maximum number of fruits.’
- ‘Usually an average count of at least 10 beetles per ear is required to seriously affect pollination.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.