One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Each of the microscopic particles, typically single cells, of which pollen is composed. Pollen grains have a tough coat that has a form characteristic of the pollen-producing plant and which can still be recognized in some archaeological deposits.See also palynology
- ‘The transfer of the pollen grain (male gametophyte) from the stamen to the stigma initiates the processes that can result in fertilization.’
- ‘The pollen grain (male gametophyte) is a three-celled structure composed of two generative cells encased within the vegetative cell.’
- ‘The pollen grain is the male gametophytic phase of flowering plants.’
- ‘A pollen grain was considered germinated if pollen tube length was greater than the diameter of the pollen grain.’
- ‘Although this relationship may vary between species, for a particular species it is constant, indicating that the polarity of the pollen grain owes its origin to the topology of microspore tetrad formation.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.