One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See polka dot
- ‘Jo had found the polka-dotted cloth in her pocket.’
- ‘This trend is spearheaded by Fauchon, who made it the house specialty and came up with bright red, pink, orange or even polka-dotted éclairs, flavored with cherry, green tea, rose, passionfruit or blood orange.’
- ‘The identically shaped sculptures each sport distinctive coloration, as well as striped or polka-dotted underpants.’
- ‘There are also rhinestone clusters, which come in four different colors, and playful polka-dotted clips for a less dressy look.’
- ‘Another work, depicting a lavender-blossomed tree rising from a chartreuse-green, polka-dotted planter, suggests a cartoon animator's version of a bonsai plant.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.