One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An offence regarded as justifiable or deserving of special consideration because of its political motivation.‘possession of a firearm as a political offence was not subject to the extradition laws’
- ‘According to the information received, most of the executions concern persons accused of drug trafficking and the others are for ordinary offences of various kinds and political offences.’
- ‘It will be seen from the above brief survey that the concept of the political offence is not susceptible to easy definition.’
- ‘Part of the problem comes from legislation which created political offences, but this is only a part.’
- ‘The Attorney-General is obliged to have regard to section 7, political offences, so that there is no finality there.’
- ‘Your Honour, it was put that this evidence was not to establish the first matter but it was put that it was to establish a want of good faith and also to establish the ingredient for a political offence for the purposes of section 7.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.