One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An offence regarded as justifiable or deserving of special consideration because of its political motivation.‘possession of a firearm as a political offence was not subject to the extradition laws’
- ‘Part of the problem comes from legislation which created political offences, but this is only a part.’
- ‘The Attorney-General is obliged to have regard to section 7, political offences, so that there is no finality there.’
- ‘Your Honour, it was put that this evidence was not to establish the first matter but it was put that it was to establish a want of good faith and also to establish the ingredient for a political offence for the purposes of section 7.’
- ‘It will be seen from the above brief survey that the concept of the political offence is not susceptible to easy definition.’
- ‘According to the information received, most of the executions concern persons accused of drug trafficking and the others are for ordinary offences of various kinds and political offences.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.