Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Economics as a branch of knowledge or academic discipline.
- ‘The context consisted of economic history, political economy and the history of economic ideas.’
- ‘Early American writers on political economy reacted negatively to Ricardo's theory of rent.’
- ‘Call it what you want, but in the history of political economy, this is usually called a tax increase.’
- ‘It is not economics that drives the analysis but politics, and the line between economics and political economy has now blurred.’
- ‘This quote does not sound like psychology or sociology, but traditional political economy.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.