One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who gives police information about crimes and offenders.
- ‘And he confessed that he'd been involved in the murder of this individual, who was apparently a police informer of some sort.’
- ‘I enclose a summary of his paid activities as a police informer.’
- ‘The applicants compare the situation to that of the police informers.’
- ‘Those orders are perfectly normal orders to protect the names of police informers and persons of a similar kind.’
- ‘Rather than protest or opposition, this discontent gave rise to a sense of apathy and resignation, a situation that was vividly described in the report of a police informer in January 1939.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.