One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Erotic dancing which involves swinging around a fixed pole.
- ‘When they wrote to appear on the TV show, the group described themselves as dancing girls but refused to do any dirty dancing or pole dancing.’
- ‘There's pole dancing, massage beds, tattooists and even a stall called ‘Supreme Sausage’ that actually sells hot dogs.’
- ‘She's a 42-year-old married banker in London who has just completed a six-week beginners' course in pole dancing at My Pole Dance School in London.’
- ‘And I do a bit of pole dancing, some private work, you know.’
- ‘‘Before anyone else in the city even had electricity and water, the strippers had returned to their pole dancing,’ Rose said.’
- ‘Expect elaborate costumes, long veils, beading, exotica, pole dancing and classic strip tease.’
- ‘Had it been granted, they would have applied to Chorley Borough Council for a public entertainment licence to allow pole dancing, topless table dancing and booths for private dances.’
- ‘As well as pole dancing she performs private lap dances for customers at the cost of £10 for a topless dance and £20 for a naked dance.’
- ‘Hundreds of courses are on offer at New College covering topics ranging from pole dancing to massage and computing.’
- ‘He said the kind of dancing, and whether pole dancing would be included, would depend on the terms of the licence.’
- ‘The bar is only allowed to host topless dancing, not naked dancing or pole dancing.’
- ‘Essex-born pole dancer Katie Coates is one of two tutors who hopes she can change the negative image surrounding pole dancing and get more women involved.’
- ‘Meanwhile, Mr Brownsword today assured residents there would be no lap dancing, pole dancing or strip acts at the new club.’
- ‘Also in this argument I include pole dancing and strip clubs etc.’
- ‘Young mothers go to ‘strip aerobics’ classes, where they do their workout by pole dancing, before they go off to pick up little Tiffany at kindergarten.’
- ‘A LAP dancer is ready to welcome her first students this weekend as she holds a class in the art of pole dancing.’
- ‘A Bolton town centre club is bringing in pole dancing - by men.’
- ‘Pop sex has become a strenuous combination of pole dancing, Pilates and pro wrestling - plenty fun, but not really practical when you've both got to work in the morning.’
- ‘Councillors will be asked to decide on three recommendations to allow pole dancing, or to grant permission providing the dancers are not nude or topless, or to reject the plan.’
- ‘Oh yeah Bella, how did you become so good at pole dancing?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.