One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Erotic dancing which involves swinging around a fixed pole.
- ‘A Bolton town centre club is bringing in pole dancing - by men.’
- ‘Hundreds of courses are on offer at New College covering topics ranging from pole dancing to massage and computing.’
- ‘Also in this argument I include pole dancing and strip clubs etc.’
- ‘Had it been granted, they would have applied to Chorley Borough Council for a public entertainment licence to allow pole dancing, topless table dancing and booths for private dances.’
- ‘She's a 42-year-old married banker in London who has just completed a six-week beginners' course in pole dancing at My Pole Dance School in London.’
- ‘And I do a bit of pole dancing, some private work, you know.’
- ‘Expect elaborate costumes, long veils, beading, exotica, pole dancing and classic strip tease.’
- ‘Essex-born pole dancer Katie Coates is one of two tutors who hopes she can change the negative image surrounding pole dancing and get more women involved.’
- ‘There's pole dancing, massage beds, tattooists and even a stall called ‘Supreme Sausage’ that actually sells hot dogs.’
- ‘A LAP dancer is ready to welcome her first students this weekend as she holds a class in the art of pole dancing.’
- ‘Oh yeah Bella, how did you become so good at pole dancing?’
- ‘The bar is only allowed to host topless dancing, not naked dancing or pole dancing.’
- ‘‘Before anyone else in the city even had electricity and water, the strippers had returned to their pole dancing,’ Rose said.’
- ‘Young mothers go to ‘strip aerobics’ classes, where they do their workout by pole dancing, before they go off to pick up little Tiffany at kindergarten.’
- ‘As well as pole dancing she performs private lap dances for customers at the cost of £10 for a topless dance and £20 for a naked dance.’
- ‘Councillors will be asked to decide on three recommendations to allow pole dancing, or to grant permission providing the dancers are not nude or topless, or to reject the plan.’
- ‘When they wrote to appear on the TV show, the group described themselves as dancing girls but refused to do any dirty dancing or pole dancing.’
- ‘Meanwhile, Mr Brownsword today assured residents there would be no lap dancing, pole dancing or strip acts at the new club.’
- ‘He said the kind of dancing, and whether pole dancing would be included, would depend on the terms of the licence.’
- ‘Pop sex has become a strenuous combination of pole dancing, Pilates and pro wrestling - plenty fun, but not really practical when you've both got to work in the morning.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.