One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A farm building which has sides consisting of poles covered with wire mesh.
- ‘We followed a trail of blood that Jones had left around the house and watched as it went of into the darkness towards an old pole barn out back.’
- ‘Improvements pegged for the Ag Society grounds include renovations and an addition to the indoor arena, pole barns, an outdoor riding arena, parking, a campground, an outdoor warm-up arena and water and sewer upgrades.’
- ‘I was aware of the lack of research pointing to human safety and, in a bold move, I piped up to make this point citing Monsanto's ‘Right to Know’ safety sign, prominently displayed on the wall of the pole barn in which we were seated.’
- ‘‘If there's a pole barn in our territory, Monroe's Building Department [a Harvest Land division] probably built it,’ Christner says.’
- ‘He told her to go inside and he took the horses to the nearby pole barn.’
- ‘Oren shook his head tiredly and led Penny into the long, metal pole barn.’
- ‘And he's looking forward to the new pole barn, which will let him store more high-dollar hay and straw.’
- ‘One farmer built a pole barn, bought a seed cleaner and started cleaning seed.’
- ‘In our system they are housed in what's called ‘free stalls’ so it's like a big pole barn and cows are kept inside pretty well 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.’
- ‘The large pole barn did go up first and as soon as it was near ready all nine horses were brought up by trailer.’
- ‘Typical applications include fence posts, framing members for decks, landscape timbers and borders for walkways, and structural posts for pole barns.’
- ‘Between his house and the pole barn in the backyard, there was definitely enough space for it, but it was beyond any party Braiden had been to.’
- ‘He's done contract building of pole barns for poultry and cattle.’
- ‘Dad got the tractor in 1956, not long after he bought 15 acres just west of Delaware and put up one of the first pole barns in the area.’
- ‘As he spoke in a pole barn to about 150 chilled supporters, two turbines turned quickly in a nearby field.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.