Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] A system of treatment used in alternative medicine, intended to restore a balanced distribution of the body's energy, and incorporating manipulation, exercise, and dietary restrictions.
- ‘A talented and pretty body worker, Lesley also brings polarity therapy and psychotherapy skills to her work, all in the concerted effort to provide women with an ‘empowered childbirth.’’
- ‘In polarity therapy, the foot is the site of just one of many key massage points.’
- ‘Other forms of energy healing include magnet therapy, polarity therapy and light therapy.’
- ‘Apres-exercise, you can wind down with yoga in a mountainside meadow or hit the woody lodge for a Thai massage, hot-stone treatment or polarity therapy.’
- ‘I believe that alternative health care issues such as acupuncture, therapeutic touch, crystal work, polarity therapy, and stress management will be very successful by the time you read this letter!’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.