Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A system of treatment used in alternative medicine, intended to restore a balanced distribution of the body's energy, and incorporating manipulation, exercise, and dietary restrictions.
- ‘I believe that alternative health care issues such as acupuncture, therapeutic touch, crystal work, polarity therapy, and stress management will be very successful by the time you read this letter!’
- ‘Apres-exercise, you can wind down with yoga in a mountainside meadow or hit the woody lodge for a Thai massage, hot-stone treatment or polarity therapy.’
- ‘In polarity therapy, the foot is the site of just one of many key massage points.’
- ‘Other forms of energy healing include magnet therapy, polarity therapy and light therapy.’
- ‘A talented and pretty body worker, Lesley also brings polarity therapy and psychotherapy skills to her work, all in the concerted effort to provide women with an ‘empowered childbirth.’’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.