One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘We put these principles to work when we designed and built a waveplate for a spectropolarimeter and polarimetric filtergraph being built by Lockheed Martin Solar and Astrophysics Laboratory (Palo Alto, CA) under contract to NASA.’
- ‘In the few past years, polarimetric observations with the VLT have led to the discovery of magnetic fields in a large number of stellar objects in late evolutionary stages.’
- ‘In the lab, however, people are now using more polarimetric techniques because they let them calculate all polarization states.’
- ‘Several difficulties arise from using a conventional light microscope for polarimetric studies.’
- ‘By the time Wang had collected polarimetric data on some 15 different supernovae, he saw that there were two populations with markedly different degrees of polarization.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.