One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘When someone says something stupid - I mean, poisonously, ludicrously stupid - the advertisers on that site have to take a stand.’
- ‘If you'd suggested - two years, a year, even two months ago - that cuneiform diaries would become a poisonously partisan issue, you'd have been laughed out of whatever chatroom you'd wandered into.’
- ‘Which particular right-on leftist or paleo-rightist was making this poisonously warped and cerebrally-challenged claim this time?’
- ‘You will, however, have to do some digging: once to plant the seed potatoes; once to earth them up to prevent the new tubers growing on the surface and becoming poisonously green; and once to lift the resultant crop.’
- ‘Not merely anti-European, they are also poisonously anti-immigrant, holding them responsible for the lack of available care homes for the elderly and so on.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.