One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘If you'd suggested - two years, a year, even two months ago - that cuneiform diaries would become a poisonously partisan issue, you'd have been laughed out of whatever chatroom you'd wandered into.’
- ‘Not merely anti-European, they are also poisonously anti-immigrant, holding them responsible for the lack of available care homes for the elderly and so on.’
- ‘Which particular right-on leftist or paleo-rightist was making this poisonously warped and cerebrally-challenged claim this time?’
- ‘When someone says something stupid - I mean, poisonously, ludicrously stupid - the advertisers on that site have to take a stand.’
- ‘You will, however, have to do some digging: once to plant the seed potatoes; once to earth them up to prevent the new tubers growing on the surface and becoming poisonously green; and once to lift the resultant crop.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.