Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A generic term for any device (e.g. a graphics tablet, mouse, stylus, or trackball) used to control the movement of a cursor on a computer screen.
- ‘It has built-in WiFi and Bluetooth, as well as a touchpad as its pointing device.’
- ‘It uses a touchpad pointing device with a side-scrolling area.’
- ‘Examples of classes are audio devices; pointing devices, such as mice and touchpads; keyboards; joysticks; IDE disks; and tty devices.’
- ‘He outfitted them with then-state-of-the-art PCs and cobbled together head-mounted pointing devices to control the screen cursor.’
- ‘There's also a USB connector for pointing devices.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.