Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A generic term for any device (e.g. a graphics tablet, mouse, stylus, or trackball) used to control the movement of a cursor on a computer screen.
- ‘There's also a USB connector for pointing devices.’
- ‘It uses a touchpad pointing device with a side-scrolling area.’
- ‘Examples of classes are audio devices; pointing devices, such as mice and touchpads; keyboards; joysticks; IDE disks; and tty devices.’
- ‘He outfitted them with then-state-of-the-art PCs and cobbled together head-mounted pointing devices to control the screen cursor.’
- ‘It has built-in WiFi and Bluetooth, as well as a touchpad as its pointing device.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.