One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
noun & adjective
- ‘It is remarkable to see that the Dutch painter Ton Dubbeldam often chooses themes that beautifully come together with his impressionistic and pointillist techniques.’
- ‘The sheer size of both works easily reveals each grain of color within the picture plane so that they appear as contemporary reflections of the pointillist style of Georges Seurat.’
- ‘Further European travel during the course of his life left an indelible impression on his work, particularly the painting of the symbolists, impressionists, Nabis, post impressionists, pointillists, Paul Cezanne, and Henri Matisse.’
- ‘His starting-point was the Neo-Impressionism of Georges Seurat, but instead of using Seurat's pointillist technique he investigated the interaction of large areas of contrasting colours.’
- ‘As the foreword to the exhibition's catalogue notes, Signac has always existed in the shadow of the more famous pointillist, Georges Seurat.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.