Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The player who directs the team's offence.
- ‘When high school soccer season was over, she was a point guard on the basketball team.’
- ‘One great sign that a player is a point guard is that the other players readily give the ball to him.’
- ‘He wants his point guard to cut down on his turnovers and pass more than he shoots.’
- ‘He's so strong for a point guard that he forces other teams to double him and the kick out is to me for a three.’
- ‘He was a point guard who ran the offense, settled the team down, and controlled the game.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.