One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘She came to us in the spring to go point-to-pointing.’
- ‘He is so determinedly relaxed a character that if Armageddon were announced the fullback, dubbed ‘Toff’, gives the impression that he would immediately go point-to-pointing with the four horsemen of the apocalypse.’
- ‘Owners and trainers make great efforts to ensure that horses move on after racing to other occupations like point-to-pointing, show-jumping or recreation.’
- ‘Also, point-to-pointing was how I got going as a jockey and, if it leads to training with a full licence, so be it.’
- ‘‘We have eight horses on the farm bred for hunting and point-to-pointing and there is a strong family tradition of competing and winning,’ she explained.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.