One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Denoting a camera which automatically focuses and adjusts its exposure settings when the shutter release is pressed.‘it handles like a standard point-and-shoot 35 mm camera’
- ‘Some SLR and point-and-shoot cameras provide a landscape-exposure mode that automatically sets a small aperture for you.’
- ‘Most zoom point-and-shoot cameras, for example, have a viewfinder that automatically adjusts your view as you zoom in or out.’
- ‘The images are competitive with most 5-megapixel point-and-shoot cameras, but they don't rise above the pack.’
- ‘Most point-and-shoot cameras have a minimum focusing distance of around 1 1/2 to 2 feet.’
- ‘An analogy between point-and-shoot photography and desktop design analysis isn't that far-fetched.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.