One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Because amphibians are poikilothermic, this unequal geographic distribution might have led to shorter generation times and higher metabolic rates in the evolution of neobatrachians.’
- ‘In poikilothermic animals temperature can be a major variable.’
- ‘As evidenced by the articles in this volume, a recent increase in interest in the mating systems of poikilothermic vertebrates has focused primarily on fishes, a few amphibians, and squamate reptiles.’
- ‘Little is known about the physiological time of poikilothermic animals and we know nothing about the physiological time of modular organisms.’
- ‘General anesthesia inactivates the body's temperature regulating mechanism and transforms the homeothermic body into a poikilothermic body - one that is altered by the temperature of the environment.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.