One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘As evidenced by the articles in this volume, a recent increase in interest in the mating systems of poikilothermic vertebrates has focused primarily on fishes, a few amphibians, and squamate reptiles.’
- ‘Little is known about the physiological time of poikilothermic animals and we know nothing about the physiological time of modular organisms.’
- ‘In poikilothermic animals temperature can be a major variable.’
- ‘General anesthesia inactivates the body's temperature regulating mechanism and transforms the homeothermic body into a poikilothermic body - one that is altered by the temperature of the environment.’
- ‘Because amphibians are poikilothermic, this unequal geographic distribution might have led to shorter generation times and higher metabolic rates in the evolution of neobatrachians.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.