One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Write or speak in verse or in a poetic style.‘he doesn't look clever but he can poetize’
- ‘In A Certain World Auden quotes Nietzsche's description of Dante ‘or the hyena poetizing among the tombs’; the quotation comes from Gotzen-Dammerung, reprinted in Samtliche Werke 6: 111.’
- ‘And third, the revolution must effect systemic social change: Changing individual lives - by killing them or by educating them, by preaching or poetizing at them - will not in and of itself effect global social change.’
- 1.1with object Represent in poetic form.‘Shelley poetizes the doctrine’
- ‘Here Baraka repeats the Emersonian desire to poetize American with new signs, but his appropriation shows how at the same time American's own sons were incapable of the project.’
- ‘These last two poems met to mingle in the emotions that poetized these masterpieces.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.