One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A petty or insignificant poet.
verse writer, versifier, verse-maker, rhymester, rhymer, sonneteer, lyricist, lyrist, elegistView synonyms
- ‘It can only be supposed that Swinburne needed a poeticule to torture.’
- ‘These days, with hundreds and hundreds of poeticules thronging the academies, the prospect of finding one's way as a poet must daunt the best.’
- ‘He does not allow the voice of the pessimist spirit to prevail, as a poeticule of the morbid school would have done.’
- ‘The very name of this poeticule spells disaster.’
- ‘The local community (not to mention London, that Mecca of Establishment poeticules) made nothing of his genius for poetry.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.