One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A petty or insignificant poet.
verse writer, versifier, verse-maker, rhymester, rhymer, sonneteer, lyricist, lyrist, elegistView synonyms
- ‘These days, with hundreds and hundreds of poeticules thronging the academies, the prospect of finding one's way as a poet must daunt the best.’
- ‘The very name of this poeticule spells disaster.’
- ‘He does not allow the voice of the pessimist spirit to prevail, as a poeticule of the morbid school would have done.’
- ‘The local community (not to mention London, that Mecca of Establishment poeticules) made nothing of his genius for poetry.’
- ‘It can only be supposed that Swinburne needed a poeticule to torture.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.