One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A female poet.
- ‘But I had an inspiring meeting with the poetess.’
- ‘In that way, what we are accustomed to perceiving as the imaginary, challenges the so-called real and affirms Shelley's view that poets and for my purposes, poetesses, are the unacknowledged legislators of the world.’
- ‘She's not really all that mean, just a brooding poetess.’
- ‘Andrews demonstrates that writing woman is no longer the burden of that outdated creature: the poetess.’
- ‘The poetess, Rosemary, was also present at the function.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.