One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Steal (unbranded cattle)‘he also made fences, poddy-dodged cattle and farmed’
- ‘Some fellas had been seen poddy dodging down in the south end.’
- ‘They had a reputation for poddy dodging others' stock.’
- ‘He shot me for poddy dodging.’
- ‘He got his start by poddy-dodging from the big, unfenced runs.’
- ‘They told me he'd been caught poddy-dodging.’
1920s: from poddy (in the Australian sense ‘calf’) + dodge.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.