Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A digital audio file made available on the Internet for downloading to a computer or mobile device, typically available as a series, new instalments of which can be received by subscribers automatically.
- ‘It won't be long until podcasts can be easily downloaded directly to cell phones and automobiles.’
- ‘You'll be able to subscribe to the podcast for free or listen to a streaming audio version.’
- ‘They are as likely to read something online instead of watch the news, or listen to a podcast instead of read a magazine.’
- ‘You could watch the video on your computer, clips of the audio were inserted into podcasts and rebroadcast.’
- ‘If you have a hobby or interest, you'll probably find a podcasts on it… or 10 podcasts on it!’
- ‘He is in the process of putting the material online, but the first podcasts are available here.’
- ‘In 2005, we have photo-filled web pages, streaming radio, podcasts, and movie trailers to download.’
- ‘Now the channel is expanding its list of podcasts of popular shows, according to an announcement today.’
- ‘Newspaper websites also can find a place in the music scene, offering regular podcasts of local bands' new releases.’
- ‘For those of you unaware of the concept, a podcast is a downloadable audio file suitable for adding to your iPod or other MP3 player.’
- ‘I'm already downloading podcasts of radio news programmes and listening to them in the car on my way to and from work.’
- ‘Creating a podcast is relatively easy and a lot of people are getting into it by either creating content or listening to it.’
- ‘Last night, as I often do these days, I downloaded some podcasts to listen to while going to sleep.’
- ‘The weekly podcast was an initiative of the newspaper's editorial page editor.’
Make (a digital audio file) available as a podcast.
transmit, relay, air, beam, put out, send out, put on the air, put on the airwaves, show, screen, televise, telecast, videocast, podcast, live-streamView synonyms
- ‘And finally I asked how many of them were podcasting... and the majority said that they were not.’
- ‘When we first began podcasting, we were podcasting at writing center clients almost exclusively.’
- ‘This is a great way to podcast your lecture or presentation.’
Early 21st century: from iPod + broadcast.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.